Sunday, November 18, 2012
Video: Downtown Dallas’ Thomas building goes kablooie
The storied building is the last remnant of Dallas' history as a cotton trading city.
DOWNTOWN DALLAS Sunday morning, the Thomas Building in downtown Dallas collapsed on command. The 88-year-old building has been vacant for 20 years.
According to a DMN story, the implosion used 300 pounds of dynamite and explosives. It had been an endangered structure since 2004.
Implosion of the Thomas Building
Video posted by DMN's Melissa Repko
- Theater review: Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer at the Majestic is just plain phenomenal
- Theater review: Controversial and raunchy, The Most Fabulous Story Ever Told tries to find God
- Sir Elton John rockets to Dallas in March 2014
- Good timing: Ice skating rink opens Friday at Klyde Warren Park
- Joule Hotel expansion brings cocktails, fashion, food to downtown Dallas