Sunday, November 18, 2012
Video: Downtown Dallas’ Thomas building goes kablooie
The storied building is the last remnant of Dallas' history as a cotton trading city.
DOWNTOWN DALLAS Sunday morning, the Thomas Building in downtown Dallas collapsed on command. The 88-year-old building has been vacant for 20 years.
According to a DMN story, the implosion used 300 pounds of dynamite and explosives. It had been an endangered structure since 2004.
Implosion of the Thomas Building
Video posted by DMN's Melissa Repko
- Looking for dinner and a game of bocce? Try Samar by Stephan Pyles
- Dallas Beer Kitchen promises "rare, hard to find" brews on Lowest Greenville
- Transit Bicycle Co. relocates to Lower Greenville
- Creepy rendering of Big Tex shows he's almost ready for the State Fair
- Photos: Dallas Heritage Village Charleston'd its way through history on Saturday