Sunday, November 18, 2012
Video: Downtown Dallas’ Thomas building goes kablooie
The storied building is the last remnant of Dallas' history as a cotton trading city.
DOWNTOWN DALLAS Sunday morning, the Thomas Building in downtown Dallas collapsed on command. The 88-year-old building has been vacant for 20 years.
According to a DMN story, the implosion used 300 pounds of dynamite and explosives. It had been an endangered structure since 2004.
Implosion of the Thomas Building
Video posted by DMN's Melissa Repko
- Neil Young returns to the Meyerson in April
- Mysterious restaurant called Remedy to open on Greenville Avenue
- Theater review: We Will Rock You will blow your mind, and your speakers
- OMG: Adam Lambert and Queen will rock Dallas, together, in July
- Theater review: The [Expletive] with the Hat is masterful and funny, wise and appalling