Monday, November 19, 2012
Lewisville man murdered in domestic dispute
A suspect was arrested for murder and awaits arraignment.
LEWISVILLE One man is dead and the other in custody following what police believe was a family disagreement.
At approximately 1:11 a.m. Sunday, the Lewisville Police responded to shots fired at the Village North Mobile Home Park located in the 1200 block North Cowan. Upon arrival, officers located a deceased male, now identified as 26-year-old Jacob Gutierrez.
Officers obtained a suspect and vehicle description, which was broadcasted to other agencies. A Carrollton Police officer stopped the suspect in Carrollton and detained him until Lewisville Officers could arrive.
Humberto Martinez-Benitez, a 56 year-old Lewisville resident, was arrested for murder and booked into the Lewisville Detention Center. The victim is related to Martinez. The two were having a family disagreement when Martinez shot Gutierrez with a pistol.
Gutierrez's body was taken to the Tarrant County Medical Examiner's office for autopsy. Martinez is awaiting arraignment.
Pegasus News Content partner - Star Local News
See more stories in:
- Firefighters battle paper fire in 100-degree weather
- Theater review: Accompany a father on a journey between religion and culture in Fiddler on the Roof
- Police seek information about July 6 fatality on I-35E in Carrollton
- Photos: Volkswagens compete for "best display of rust" and "best survivor"
- Odd man out: Tales of getting turned down during The Real World audition in Dallas