Friday, November 23, 2012
Photos: Serious runners and not-so-serious joggers in costume run Dallas’ Turkey Trot
Why not make a Thanksgiving run fun?
DOWNTOWN DALLAS Tens of thousands of people packed into the annual Turkey Trot in downtown Dallas. Says DMN writer Jeff Mosier, "The crowd was the typical Turkey Trot mix of serious runners, less-serious joggers, and those more interested in showing off clever costumes than recording digits on a stopwatch." Which made for a pretty run-of-the-mill Thanksgiving Trot in Dallas.
Dr. Melisa Christian, a dentist from Highland Park, won the women's 8-mile race. She won four Trots from 2006 to 2009. Bobby Zeller won the men's 8-mile race. For the 5K, winners were William Huffman (despite taking a wrong turn, he tells the DMN); and Karoline Skatteboe.
Here are highlight photos:
- Theater reviews: Anglophiles, especially, will love Less Than Kind at Theatre Three
- Review: Don't miss brunch at Kitchen LTO in Trinity Groves
- Before Miley's Dallas concert: She promises "every show is going to be different"
- Remember the Bud Light Hotel in Dallas at Super Bowl? It's back for Final Four
- Neil Young returns to the Meyerson in April