Tuesday, November 27, 2012
Found magazine brings quirk to Texas Theatre
They will do a presentation of the weird and wonderful stuff they find.
OAK CLIFF Found specializes in picking up quirky, often hilarious, submissions that give little glimpses into lives of strangers — notes, cards, photos, lists, that kind of thing.
The magazine’s Davy and Peter Rothbart are on tour showing off some of their favorite finds and celebrating the release of Davy’s My Heart is an Idiot book of essays. (Peter even makes up songs based on finds.) They’re at Texas Theatre on Tuesday night. If you miss them but still want a dose of weird and wonderful finds, check out the magazine’s site.
- Video: Kanye West's face graces Big D in marketing event for forthcoming album
- Tempers flare Wednesday when gay rights supporters speak during Dallas City Council meeting
- UPDATED: Chef Norman Grimm to helm temporary fine dining restaurant at Kitchen LTO
- Dawson State Jail in Dallas will close on August 31
- Dude, Sweet Chocolate pushes the culinary boundaries of a traditional treat