Thursday, November 29, 2012
Light up the skyline this Friday at Downtown’s Christmas Tree Lighting at Sammons Park
Take part in free ice skating, pictures with Santa and live music.
DALLAS Holiday cheer. It’s infectious. The good kind of infectious, too.
You may have noticed that many of our stories this week have focused on holiday happenings in Dallas. That’s because this year we’re freelancing as Santa’s pimp. After all, he’s the biggest ho-ho-ho in the business, which keeps us very busy to be sure.
It’s time for the 3rd annual Holiday at the Center Tree Lighting Festival at the AT&T Performing Arts Center. The festivities take place in the Sammons Park just outside the Winspear Opera House and the weather should be spectacular.
There will be a life-size snow globe, ice-skating, free pics with Santa, craft vendors, food trucks and tons of live entertainment from the Dallas String Quartet, the Jaime Reyes Trio, Denise Lee, visual artist Rolando Diaz and other local performance groups.
Then, at the very specific starting time of 6:40 p.m., the tree lighting ceremony begins with a special performance from Cirque Dreams Holidaze. You can even stick around for The Nutcracker from Texas Ballet Theater, but you’ll have to pay for those tickets.
Or call us and we’ll crack your nuts for free.
The Holiday at the Center Tree Lighting Festival
Friday, November 30
5:00 – 9:00 p.m.
Pegasus News Content partner - Gay List Daily
- Mysterious restaurant called Remedy to open on Greenville Avenue
- Theater review: We Will Rock You will blow your mind, and your speakers
- OMG: Adam Lambert and Queen will rock Dallas, together, in July
- Theater review: The [Expletive] with the Hat is masterful and funny, wise and appalling
- Review: Queen musical We Will Rock You has just the right camp and swagger