Thursday, November 29, 2012
Light up the skyline this Friday at Downtown’s Christmas Tree Lighting at Sammons Park
Take part in free ice skating, pictures with Santa and live music.
DALLAS Holiday cheer. It’s infectious. The good kind of infectious, too.
You may have noticed that many of our stories this week have focused on holiday happenings in Dallas. That’s because this year we’re freelancing as Santa’s pimp. After all, he’s the biggest ho-ho-ho in the business, which keeps us very busy to be sure.
It’s time for the 3rd annual Holiday at the Center Tree Lighting Festival at the AT&T Performing Arts Center. The festivities take place in the Sammons Park just outside the Winspear Opera House and the weather should be spectacular.
There will be a life-size snow globe, ice-skating, free pics with Santa, craft vendors, food trucks and tons of live entertainment from the Dallas String Quartet, the Jaime Reyes Trio, Denise Lee, visual artist Rolando Diaz and other local performance groups.
Then, at the very specific starting time of 6:40 p.m., the tree lighting ceremony begins with a special performance from Cirque Dreams Holidaze. You can even stick around for The Nutcracker from Texas Ballet Theater, but you’ll have to pay for those tickets.
Or call us and we’ll crack your nuts for free.
The Holiday at the Center Tree Lighting Festival
Friday, November 30
5:00 – 9:00 p.m.
Pegasus News Content partner - Gay List Daily
- Transit Bicycle Co. relocates to Lower Greenville
- Creepy rendering of Big Tex shows he's almost ready for the State Fair
- Photos: Dallas Heritage Village Charleston'd its way through history on Saturday
- First look: Read Contemporary shows obscure work by emerging Aboriginal artists
- Photos: Design District's artsy new vino retailer, The Wine Poste, opened grandly on Saturday