Thursday, November 29, 2012
Join us at Walk to the Park on Friday at lunch
It's a good reason to take a little break during your workday.
DOWNTOWN DALLAS Take a long lunch and stroll to Klyde Warren Park in downtown Dallas on November 30. Attractions at the Walk to the Park event include a performance in the park by the Townview Big D Marching Band at 11 a.m.; a free concert presented by Guide, with the King Bucks performing at 11:30 a.m. and Larry g(EE) at 12:45 p.m.; and food trucks and concessions. Feel free to take a picnic blanket and your lunch.
Walk to the Park is being presented by The Dallas Morning News, and there’ll be speakers from the newspaper in the park’s Dallas Morning News Reading & Games Room (see the schedule below). Regular park programming during the event includes mahjong at 11 a.m., a pingpong tournament at noon, yoga at noon, knitting at 12:30 p.m., and croquet at 1 p.m.
Details: November 30, starting at 10:30 a.m., at Klyde Warren Park, 2012 Woodall Rodgers Freeway, Dallas. Free.
Speakers and their topics include:
- 10:30 a.m.: Business columnist Cheryl Hall, “How Dallas Business Really Works”
- 11 a.m.: Editorial writer Rodger Jones, “Texan of the Year”
- 11:30 a.m.: Food editor Cathy Barber, “Secrets From the Holiday Cookie Contest”
- Noon: Texas Rangers columnist Evan Grant, “Hot Stove Talk: Rangers’ Potential Off-season Moves”
- 12:30 p.m.: Metro columnist Steve Blow, “Offbeat History of Dallas”
- 1 p.m.: Digital managing editor Robert Wilonsky, “Why Dallas Is the Greatest City in the Universe”
See more stories in:
- UPDATED: Austin's Houndstooth Coffee heads to
- Joule Hotel expansion brings cocktails, fashion, food to downtown Dallas
- Omni Hotel in Dallas becomes drive-in movie theater for one night
- Not-so-polite play Profanity premieres September 10 at Undermain Theatre
- Photos: Oh yes, Dallas has its own Naked Cowboy