Friday, November 30, 2012
20 free Frisco festivities for residents and visitors
Whether it's sports, shopping, or art, there's something for everyone.
FRISCO Frisco is packed with options to do for all ages, shapes, and sizes. Among those options, there are many that are free, giving you one more reason to get out of the house and off to explore everything Frisco has to offer. Don’t miss out on these freebie Frisco activities and adventures:
1. Frisco Dog Park: Grab little Fido and head out to frolic at the Frisco Dog Park.
2. Frisco Commons Park: Go on, go fishing!
3. Splash Water Park: Splash around in this spray park.
4. Texas Sculpture Garden & International Art: Seek out the largest private collection of Texas sculptures on public display.
5. The Frisco Art Gallery: Take in the arts! Features rotating exhibits by local, regional, national, and international artists.
6. Central Park: Pack a picnic, walk it out, or get rejuvenated with a job around the beautiful Central Park.
8. Frisco Public Library: Borrow and read a book!
9. Music in the Square: Grab a buddy and a blanket and enjoy a fun line up of live music under the stars (summer only).
10. Fitness in the Square: Work up a sweat! Hosted by Be Fit Frisco ever Thursday @ 6:30pm.
13. Frisco Starfest: About a dozen telescopes are set up to view the stars every second Saturday of each month.
14. Trails: Like to hike and bike? These trails are calling your name.
15. Tennis: Take a swing at these open-to-the public courts.
16. Donate your clothes: In fact, these places will pick up your donations.
17. Platos Closet: Sell your old clothes for some extra spending cash.
18. Save a life: Give blood or sell plasma at one of these Frisco locations.
19. Crossroads Winery: Live music every Friday night with no cover charge.
20. Dallas Stars: Practice sessions are open to the public and free.
Pegasus News Content partner - I Heart Frisco
I Heart Frisco is a blog dedicated to capturing the who’s, what’s, when’s, and how’s of all things Frisco and putting in one place for you, the savvy user, to go to for news and reviews on all the latest and greatest.
See more stories in:
- UPDATED: Pan-Latin restaurant called Mexican Sugar in Plano is open
- UPDATED: DFW's second East Hampton Sandwich Co. to open at Shops at Legacy November 6
- Parked car causes early morning house fire in Frisco
- FC Dallas partners with Plano Symphony Orchestra to bring family-friendly fun to Frisco
- Frisco High School adds auditorium and gym courts in $20 million renovation