Monday, October 1, 2012 , Updated 4:51 p.m., November 9, 2012
Art Conspiracy pops up in Design District this November
It's their first show outside of West Dallas.
DALLAS For the first time in its eight-year run, Art Conspiracy will move from West Dallas to the Design District for its annual fundraiser. (And just when things were heating up in West Dallas, we might say.)
ArtCon8 is Saturday, November 10 at 960 Dragon Street. The "warehouse-turned-art-studio" will feature the works of North Texas artists in a fun auction setting. Each artist makes 18x18-inch wooden works of art that are up for bid starting at $20.
This year's headliner is the Fort Worth band Burning Hotels.
ArtCon helps creative, local nonprofits with budgets of less than $400,000. This year's beneficiaries are Girls Rock Dallas and W. T. White Academy of Visual and Performing Arts – Ceramics Program.
- Remember the Bud Light Hotel in Dallas at Super Bowl? It's back for Final Four
- Neil Young returns to the Meyerson in April
- Theater review: We Will Rock You will blow your mind, and your speakers
- OMG: Adam Lambert and Queen will rock Dallas, together, in July
- Theater review: The [Expletive] with the Hat is masterful and funny, wise and appalling