Monday, October 1, 2012 , Updated 4:51 p.m., November 9, 2012
Art Conspiracy pops up in Design District this November
It's their first show outside of West Dallas.
DALLAS For the first time in its eight-year run, Art Conspiracy will move from West Dallas to the Design District for its annual fundraiser. (And just when things were heating up in West Dallas, we might say.)
ArtCon8 is Saturday, November 10 at 960 Dragon Street. The "warehouse-turned-art-studio" will feature the works of North Texas artists in a fun auction setting. Each artist makes 18x18-inch wooden works of art that are up for bid starting at $20.
This year's headliner is the Fort Worth band Burning Hotels.
ArtCon helps creative, local nonprofits with budgets of less than $400,000. This year's beneficiaries are Girls Rock Dallas and W. T. White Academy of Visual and Performing Arts – Ceramics Program.
- Joule Hotel expansion brings cocktails, fashion, food to downtown Dallas
- Omni Hotel in Dallas becomes drive-in movie theater for one night
- Not-so-polite play Profanity premieres September 10 at Undermain Theatre
- Photos: Oh yes, Dallas has its own Naked Cowboy
- Get a behind-the-scenes look at video game development at Gearbox Community Day