Monday, October 1, 2012
Here’s what 1,300 pounds of Fritos pie looks like
FAIR PARK A 1,325-pound Fritos chili pie: No thank you.
Just in time for Fritos' 80th birthday, the Plano-based company Frito-Lay built a massive Fritos pie at the State Fair of Texas that is believed to be the world's largest. Inside a trough-like structure sat 635 bags of Fritos, 660 cans of chilli without beans, and 580 bags of shredded cheddar cheese. That is a lot of chili'n'cheese.
Guiness Worlds Records adjudicator Michael Empric bestowed upon Frito-Lay's vice president of marketing an official title for the World’s Largest Fritos Chili Pie.
Only at the State Fair of Texas, where everything's bigger.
We have heartburn.
Posted by Sarah
- Looking for dinner and a game of bocce? Try Samar by Stephan Pyles
- Dallas Beer Kitchen promises "rare, hard to find" brews on Lowest Greenville
- Transit Bicycle Co. relocates to Lower Greenville
- Creepy rendering of Big Tex shows he's almost ready for the State Fair
- Photos: Dallas Heritage Village Charleston'd its way through history on Saturday