Wednesday, October 3, 2012
Abandoned home in Allen vandalized with swastikas
It doesn't look like the graffiti was aimed at anyone specifically.
ALLEN An abandoned home on North Bonham Drive was vandalized with racist and white supremacist graffiti early Tuesday morning.
According to Sgt. John Felty of the Allen Police Department, an unidentified suspect or suspects defaced the white outer walls of the home, which has been abandoned for several years, with red spray paint. The graffiti included swastikas, the words "white power" and "SS," in addition to racial epithets.
Felty said the incident is still under investigation, but there is currently no evidence that the graffiti was intended for any specific person or persons.
"There is no indication anyone was targeted," Felty said. "What we'd really like to know is who did it."
The Allen Community Services Department was notified by the police and cleaned the graffiti off the house Wednesday morning.
Felty also said anyone with information about the vandalism can contact the Allen Police Department. Crime tips can be submitted by phone at 972-727-8477 or by text at 847411 with the keyword ALLENPD.
Pegasus News Content partner - Star Local News
- Allen's first brewery slated to open mid-2014
- Bring your Jedi dogs to Petco in Allen for Star Wars party this Saturday
- Allen Performing Arts Center will host Dallas Symphony on September 5
- Restaurant review: Come to Papa Lopez for decent Mexican food, charming atmosphere
- Allen's newest park features fitness equipment for adults