Thursday, October 4, 2012
Fans aren’t rushing to Rangers Ballpark for wild card tickets
Last year, some fans faked being sick to get to the ballpark as early as 6 a.m. for a chance at playoff tickets. What happened this year?
After a 12-5 shellacking by the Oakland Athletics Wednesday, the Rangers’ postseason comes down to a single wild-card game that is scheduled for Friday at 7:37 p.m. against the Baltimore Orioles.
Tickets go on sale at the Rangers Ballpark at Arlington box office at 9 a.m., but no fans are in sight. Last year, some fans faked being sick to get to the ballpark as early as 6 a.m. for a chance at playoff tickets.
This year, the preferred route is straight to the cubicle for another day of the grind and try to forget yesterday’s debacle. At least your frozen Lean Cuisine for lunch won’t make costly errors.
- Texas SkyScreamer opens May 25 at Six Flags Over Texas
- Free music fest in Arlington features Polyphonic Spree, Sarah Jaffe Memorial Day weekend
- Photos: Cowboys Cheerleaders strut in final rounds of auditions
- Video: Look inside the Dallas Cowboys cheerleader tryouts
- Photos: See a chaps-wearing Pit Bull, a wiener dog dressed as a Boomstick