Thursday, October 4, 2012
Fans aren’t rushing to Rangers Ballpark for wild card tickets
Last year, some fans faked being sick to get to the ballpark as early as 6 a.m. for a chance at playoff tickets. What happened this year?
After a 12-5 shellacking by the Oakland Athletics Wednesday, the Rangers’ postseason comes down to a single wild-card game that is scheduled for Friday at 7:37 p.m. against the Baltimore Orioles.
Tickets go on sale at the Rangers Ballpark at Arlington box office at 9 a.m., but no fans are in sight. Last year, some fans faked being sick to get to the ballpark as early as 6 a.m. for a chance at playoff tickets.
This year, the preferred route is straight to the cubicle for another day of the grind and try to forget yesterday’s debacle. At least your frozen Lean Cuisine for lunch won’t make costly errors.
- Anderson Cooper talks war, being gay and Real Housewives at UT-Arlington
- 11 worst stadium names, in honor of Globe Life Park
- New name for Texas Rangers' ballpark: Globe Life Park in Arlington
- Male Yorkshire Terrier found in Grand Prairie
- Theater review: Four women go soul-searching in Italy in Enchanted April