Thursday, October 4, 2012 , Updated 1:08 p.m., October 4, 2012
Top Chef contender gets promotion at Dallas restaurant The Grape
Danyele McPherson is in charge so owner Brian Luscher can focus on new businesses.
DALLAS Danyele McPherson, one of three Dallas-area chefs who will compete on the upcoming season of Top Chef, has been bumped up to chef de cuisine at The Grape. She was formerly sous chef at the Greenville Avenue restaurant and has now been given the job of overseeing the kitchen's day-to-day routine, according to spokesperson Amity Thomas.
Was she given the promotion because of her performance on Top Chef? "Not at all," said Thomas. "She has been the major kitchen force for about 6 months."
Thomas told Leslie Brenner that chef and owner Brian Luscher will still be around, but that McPherson "is in charge." Meantime, Luscher is going to focus his efforts on his new hot dog and catering businesses.
- Concert review: Meyerson transformed into Bourbon Street with Preservation Hall Band's Christmas show
- Theater review: Controversial and raunchy, The Most Fabulous Story Ever Told tries to find God
- Good timing: Ice skating rink opens Friday at Klyde Warren Park
- UPDATED: Austin's Houndstooth Coffee heads to
- Photos: Ever seen a bedroom closet with a coffee bar and refrigerator?