Thursday, October 4, 2012 , Updated 1:08 p.m., October 4, 2012
Top Chef contender gets promotion at Dallas restaurant The Grape
Danyele McPherson is in charge so owner Brian Luscher can focus on new businesses.
DALLAS Danyele McPherson, one of three Dallas-area chefs who will compete on the upcoming season of Top Chef, has been bumped up to chef de cuisine at The Grape. She was formerly sous chef at the Greenville Avenue restaurant and has now been given the job of overseeing the kitchen's day-to-day routine, according to spokesperson Amity Thomas.
Was she given the promotion because of her performance on Top Chef? "Not at all," said Thomas. "She has been the major kitchen force for about 6 months."
Thomas told Leslie Brenner that chef and owner Brian Luscher will still be around, but that McPherson "is in charge." Meantime, Luscher is going to focus his efforts on his new hot dog and catering businesses.
- Looking for dinner and a game of bocce? Try Samar by Stephan Pyles
- Dallas Beer Kitchen promises "rare, hard to find" brews on Lowest Greenville
- Transit Bicycle Co. relocates to Lower Greenville
- Creepy rendering of Big Tex shows he's almost ready for the State Fair
- Paleo-inspired restaurant HG Sply Co. opens May 21 on Lower Greenville