Thursday, October 4, 2012 , Updated 1:08 p.m., October 4, 2012
Top Chef contender gets promotion at Dallas restaurant The Grape
Danyele McPherson is in charge so owner Brian Luscher can focus on new businesses.
DALLAS Danyele McPherson, one of three Dallas-area chefs who will compete on the upcoming season of Top Chef, has been bumped up to chef de cuisine at The Grape. She was formerly sous chef at the Greenville Avenue restaurant and has now been given the job of overseeing the kitchen's day-to-day routine, according to spokesperson Amity Thomas.
Was she given the promotion because of her performance on Top Chef? "Not at all," said Thomas. "She has been the major kitchen force for about 6 months."
Thomas told Leslie Brenner that chef and owner Brian Luscher will still be around, but that McPherson "is in charge." Meantime, Luscher is going to focus his efforts on his new hot dog and catering businesses.
- Mysterious restaurant called Remedy to open on Greenville Avenue
- New growler shop in East Dallas begins filling Lone Star suds today
- Theater review: We Will Rock You will blow your mind, and your speakers
- Theater review: The [Expletive] with the Hat is masterful and funny, wise and appalling
- Review: Queen musical We Will Rock You has just the right camp and swagger