Friday, October 5, 2012
Rockwall’s Rib, Rub, Run is delicious and nutritious
Visitors will find a BBQ competition, foot races, and live music.
ROCKWALL The fourth annual Rib, Rub & Run barbeque competition On The Square in Old Downtown Rockwall means lots of food, music, and fun all day long on October 6.
According to Rockwall Mainstreet Manager Bethany Golden, the day’s events will begin with 5K and 10K races at 8:30 a.m. at Dobbs Elementary School, and include BBQ served from street cafes set up by several downtown restaurants from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m., live bands, a People’s Choice Wing Tasting at 11 a.m., plus live BBQ judging at various times.
The Wing Tasting offers five different flavors for $5 per person.
The BBQ competition typically attracts 20 or more teams who compete for prizes. The event is sanctioned by the International Barbecue Cookers Association.
Live bands performing on the Main Stage will include:
- Water Sign at 11:30 a.m.
- Blue Driver at 1:30 p.m.
- Colin Boyd Band at 3:30 p.m.
Food served will be:
- AVA · Pulled Pork Sandwiches
- Bin 303 · Smoked Turkey Legs & Spare Ribs, Ice Cold Sodas & Water
- El Cayote Rojo · Brisket Tacos & Nachos, Beer & Wine
- Fatted Calf · Smoked Brisket, Sausage on a Stick & Ritas
- KE Cellars · Texas Wines
- Zanata · Smoked Sausage Sandwiches
For info, call Golden at 972-771-7745 or visit www.Mainstreet.Rockwall.com
Pegasus News Content partner - TheRockwallNews.com
- Restaurant review: Rockwall's Zanata scores big with a 900-degree hickory inferno
- Rockwall bazaar this weekend benefits neglected local children
- Zombie Glow Run supports new Rockwall Community Playhouse
- Fundraiser for fallen West, Texas firefighter's family slated for June 15 in Rockwall
- Voice contestant Amber Carrington will sing in Rockwall Thursday night