Monday, October 8, 2012
Barneys closing at NorthPark is a blow to Dallas’ luxury market
Dallas has -- or had? -- one of the healthiest real estate markets in the country.
DALLAS When Barneys New York came back to NorthPark Center in 2006, they made a huge splash with an equally splashy ad campaign. Folks were anxious to have the un-self-conscious luxury retailer back in Big D. It showed the rest of the world that our fair city was on our way back up.
While it appears that Dallas has one of the healthiest real estate markets in the country and our state has no shortage of millionaires and billionaires -- we’re losing our Barneys?
As Dallas Biz Journal reporter Steven Thompson notes, Barneys was acquired earlier this year by Perry Capital. Does the new owner have something to do with the two-story NorthPark anchor closing?
While NorthPark Center officials say something “exciting” is planned for that huge space, Barneys will be missed. Why do you think the store is closing?
Pegasus News Content partner - Candy's Dirt
- Snag Mike Modano and Willa Ford's Preston Hollow home for a cool $2.5 mil
- Brangelina release limited quantity of original rosé wine at Sigel's on Greenville
- Photos: Lumen Hotel adds swank artwork by Dallas-based artists
- Tech-savvy: 4 of the coolest gadgets in the Bush Presidential Center
- Theater review: Flat Stanley is rip-roaring fun for the little ones