Monday, October 8, 2012
Flower Mound town manager may be fired Monday
No reasons have been given for his termination, other than that the city needs a change of pace.
FLOWER MOUND The Flower Mound Town Council will meet Monday afternoon at a specially-called meeting to possibly terminate the employment contract of Town Manager Harlan Jefferson.
The meeting will be hosted at town hall council chambers at 5 p.m. After the closed portion of the meeting, board members will hold an open meeting and take action if necessary.
The two items on the agenda for the meeting are: "Discuss and consider employment status of Town Manager, and all matters incident and related thereto," and "Discuss and consider job duties and responsibilities of Interim Town Manager and all matters incident and related thereto."
Jefferson was placed on paid administrative leave by town council on September 22. Chuck Springer, assistant town manager/chief financial officer, was named to assume Jefferson's duties in the interim.
Jefferson was named town manager in April 2006 and served as Flower Mound's deputy town manager and CFO prior to that. There are three years left on Jefferson's current employment contract.
Pegasus News Content partner - The Cross Timbers Gazette
The Cross Timbers Gazette is a locally owned and operated newspaper established in 1979, serving the southern Denton County towns of Argyle, Bartonville, Copper Canyon, Double Oak, Flower Mound, Highland Village, Lantana and Robson Ranch.
- Flower Mound will hold open forum for town council and school board candidates on April 20
- Former CEO of SEGA opens new arcade-style restaurant Bar Fun Dining
- Marcus High School student dies from flu, staph infection
- Flower Mound couple turns home into Santa's Village for neighboring children to attend
- Video: 51 Maltese dogs abandoned from puppy mill in Flower Mound released to rescue groups