Monday, October 8, 2012
Screaming Females cancels tour dates — but not Dallas concert
We wonder how much screaming will really go on.
DEEP ELLUM Despite Screaming Females' cancellation of more than a dozen upcoming shows, their show at Club Dada in Dallas on Monday, October 8 is still on. The alternative rock band will then go to Houston on October 9 and Austin on October 10 before canceling the rest of the tour, which was slated to run through the south and up the east coast through November.
Lead singer Marissa Paternoster got mono in May and has not had time to heal, reports her publicist. The singer "has been experiencing severe chronic pains that have rendered it very difficult for Screaming Females to tour," according to a statement.
Here's the plan:
- 10/08 Dallas, TX @ Club Dada
- 10/09 Houston, TX @ House of Blues *
- 10/10 Austin, TX @ La Zona Rosa *
10/12 New Orleans, LA Endless Gaycation * 10/13 Tallahassee, FL @ The Hidden Hand 10/14 Gainesville, FL @ The Atlantic 10/15 Orlando, FL @ Will’s Pub 10/16 Atlanta, GA @ 529 Bar 10/17 Charlotte, NC @ The Milestone 10/18 Richmond, VA @ Strange Matter 11/05 Philadelphia, PA Johnny Brenda’s $ 11/07 Hamden, CT @ The Space $ 11/08 Winoosk, VT @ The Monkey House $ 11/11 Hoboken, NJ @ Maxwell’s $ 11/28 Northampton, MA @ Pearl Street Ballroom ^ 11/29 Portland, ME @ State Theatre ^ 11/30 Boston, MA @ Paradise Rock Club ^
* – w/ Garbage; $ – w/ Black Wine; ^ – w/ Dinosaur Jr.
- Mysterious restaurant called Remedy to open on Greenville Avenue
- Theater review: We Will Rock You will blow your mind, and your speakers
- OMG: Adam Lambert and Queen will rock Dallas, together, in July
- Theater review: The [Expletive] with the Hat is masterful and funny, wise and appalling
- Review: Queen musical We Will Rock You has just the right camp and swagger