Monday, October 8, 2012
TCU QB Pachall is taking time off after DWI arrest
Coach Gary Patterson will clarify his status on Tuesday.
Texas safety Kenny Vaccaro played with Pachall at Brownwood High School. He tells the Fort Worth Star-Telegram that he planned to "take some time off and get everything together."
TCU coach Gary Patterson suspended Pachall last week after his October 4 arrest. He is scheduled to clarify Pachall's status with the team during his regular media luncheon Tuesday. The arrest came eight months after the junior admitted to smoking marijuana and drug test.
Vacarro was arrested in May outside an Austin nightspot and charged with failure to obey. He told the Star-Telegram he learned from the experience and expects Pachall will likewise.
- New wine and tapas bar called Sera will open in Fort Worth
- Elvis fans can remember The King August 16 in Fort Worth
- UPDATED: Clearfork Music Festival in Fort Worth highlights southern boogie music
- UPDATED: Baby elephant born at Fort Worth Zoo -- only the second in the zoo’s 104-year history
- Theater review: Trinity Shakespeare Festival tackles The Bard's Julius Caesar elegantly