Tuesday, October 9, 2012 , Updated 12:00 p.m., October 10, 2012
Not going to Austin City Limits? Bands come to you in Dallas-Fort Worth
Save yourself a trip down 35 and still see some great bands.
Don't let this year's sold-out ACL Festival get you down. Many of the bands are stopping through Dallas-Fort Worth before or after the big weekend! You'll avoid the chilly weather, long lines, and congested crowds of the annual festival and still hear some of the same great songs.
Here's a lengthy list of the traveling bands coming through:
- The Shins – House of Blues
- M83 – Palladium Ballroom
- Tegan & Sara – AT&T Performing Arts Center
- Antibalas – Kessler Theater
- Gotye/Kimbra – Verizon Theatre
- Two Door Cinema Club/The Features – House of Blues (free), Voodoo Stage
- The Afghan Whigs – Granada Theater
- Rufus Wainwright – Meyerson Symphony Center
- Trampled by Turtles – Sons of Hermann Hall
- Asleep at the Wheel – Carrollton Festival at the Switchyard