Tuesday, October 9, 2012
How old is too old to play with Legos?
We're going to say 30.
GRAPEVINE Legoland Discovery Center in Grapevine Mills hosted open auditions last weekend to find its next “master model builder.” But this wasn't some juvenile event; participants had to be at least 18 years old to play. The toy constructioneers participated in a public build-off, making tall creations out of piles of Legos.
Plano 29-year-old Brandon Wike won the competition, making an airplane to symbolize the traveling he did as a child. He replaced "retiring" 25-year-old Master Builder Cal Walsh, who won the competition in January.
Who said adults had to stop playing with toys? Here are colorful highlights from the competition:
- Lightning caused fire that completely destroyed home in Coppell
- Celebrate Shark Week in real life, in Grapevine
- Theater review: Runway Theatre plays Talking Pictures as a sincere drama with a dash of comedy
- Dallas Cowboys' favorite Coppell Deli moving into adjacent building
- Grapevine shop hosts royal baby watch party