Friday, October 12, 2012 , Updated 7:30 a.m., October 13, 2012
Volunteers needed to help build raised dog beds
Join the team Saturday at South Side Bark Park.
These beds are designed to elevate the animals from the floor and enhance their overall comfort. The beds are constructed of heavy duty PVC and water/weather/puncture resistant denier 1000, and are built to last. The beds will be donated to small municipal shelters in the outlying areas of DFW – shelters tend to have limited resources and less visibility than the larger cities in the area – including Lake Worth Animal Shelter, Seagoville Animal Shelter, and more.
"Off The Ground!!" was inspired by Columbus Rescue Connection. They have donated more than 800 elevated dog beds to shelters in rural Ohio, and inspired countless other bed-making projects across the country, making a huge difference in the welfare and overall comfort of dogs in need.
Organizes need volunteers and donations to make this event a success.
- Cost for 1 bed – $14.83
- 50 PVC Pipes - $150 or PVC (1 ¼” x 10’ Schedule 40- White)
- 208 PVC Fittings – $337 (we have found the least expensive source for this, available online)
- 3000 Screws – $52.77 (least expensive source is online)
- 25 Drill Bits – $5.99
Any amount will help and will be applied directly to the purchase of these supplies. Donations can be made online.
Volunteers are also needed:
- Event Team Members to setup for the event, assist the building teams, distribute and transport supplies and components and help with break down.
- Build Team Captains to recruit teams of 2 or 3 (age 10 or older), bring tools and assist in training teams, and be the point of contact for the building teams
- Build Team Members to help actually build the beds
For questions, or to volunteer, contact Chris Watts at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 214-282-4612.
Pegasus News Content partner - DFW Animal Rescue
- Theater review: We Will Rock You will blow your mind, and your speakers
- OMG: Adam Lambert and Queen will rock Dallas, together, in July
- Theater review: The [Expletive] with the Hat is masterful and funny, wise and appalling
- Review: Queen musical We Will Rock You has just the right camp and swagger
- Concert review: Crowds go crazy for diamond-in-the-flesh Lorde in Dallas