Tuesday, October 16, 2012
New restaurants Savor and Relish to open at Klyde Warren Park
At the helm is John Coleman, formerly of the Ritz.
DALLAS It's barely 10 days from the opening of Klyde Warren Park in Dallas, but organizers are already making plans for the future: In late 2012, the deck park will open Relish, a kiosk for outside diners that will start as a food truck. In mid-2013, an indoor/outdoor gastropub called Savor will open and become the park's main restaurant.
Chef John Coleman, formerly executive chef and director of food and beverage at the Ritz-Carlton, will lead Savor and Relish. They are his first solo projects. The DMN reports that Joe Scigliano, also from the Ritz, will be Savor's chef de cuisine.
Savor will have an indoor restaurant, a large outdoor patio, and a bar. The gastropub will cater to the "mid-range price point" like restaurants on Knox/Henderson and West Village do, according to the statement.
Relish will serve burgers with the ingredients mixed into the patty. And -- it says here -- there'll be cookies.
Coleman will also have catering for special events at the park.
“Klyde Warren Park is a special, totally unique location surrounded by green space and the Dallas Arts District,” Coleman said in a statement. “Food is social. We will have excellent food that draws people together to enjoy the experience. We are thrilled to be a part of this landmark project.”
- Savor and Relish, Klyde Warren Park's restaurants, open in September
- First look: Coming gastropub at Klyde Warren Park promises a patio, wall of beer, and possibly Dallas' newest star chef
- Despite big party, Klyde Warren Park's opening night was about the little things
- Photos: Five things at Klyde Warren Park you have to see to believe
- Did you know Klyde Warren will have to clean the park named after him?
- UPDATED: Austin's Houndstooth Coffee heads to
- Joule Hotel expansion brings cocktails, fashion, food to downtown Dallas
- Omni Hotel in Dallas becomes drive-in movie theater for one night
- Not-so-polite play Profanity premieres September 10 at Undermain Theatre
- Photos: Oh yes, Dallas has its own Naked Cowboy