Tuesday, October 16, 2012
Photos: Chef Matt McCallister’s FT33 in Design District has some crazy bathrooms
The menu is seasonal and modern.
DALLAS Dallas Chef Matt McCallister opened his first restaurant last weekend in the Design District. Called FT33, the decor is rustic and simple -- except for the bathrooms. (See what we mean in the photos.)
What's FT33 mean? FT stands for "fire table" -- the phrase yelled when it's time to prepare the next course for a table -- and "33," the number of the most prominent table in the restaurant. At the center of the room is that very table, where diners can sit and get a "front row view" of McCallister cooking.
Photos by Mei-Chun Jau
See more stories in:
- Grab brunch with fierce ladies at drag event Sunday at DISH
- Looking for dinner and a game of bocce? Try Samar by Stephan Pyles
- Photos: Dallas Heritage Village Charleston'd its way through history on Saturday
- First look: Read Contemporary shows obscure work by emerging Aboriginal artists
- Photos: Design District's artsy new vino retailer, The Wine Poste, opened grandly on Saturday