Thursday, October 18, 2012
Chubby people find lots of love in Carrollton
The DFW city is the No. 3 place for "big and beautiful boomers."
CARROLLTON Yesterday, we learned that Oak Cliff is a bad spot for singles looking to mingle. Today, courtesy of a cheerful press release in my inbox, I have learned that Carrollton is a great place to be single, if you’re over 50 and carrying some extra pounds.
According to a survey from OurTime.com, a dating site for people over 50, Carrollton is the No. 3 city in America on for “Big & Beautiful Boomers.” (We were bested by two California cities, Torrance and Concord — curse them!) The press release made the obligatory “everything’s bigger in Texas” joke, so there’s that.
OurTime.com arrived at its rankings based on behavioral data from its members, which the site says number more than 2.5 million. From the release: “To calculate the ranking, the dating site examined internal user data to determine which U.S. cities its members who identified their body type as ‘Big and Beautiful’ were getting messaged and flirted with the most.” (You can send a “flirt” message through their site.)
So, what are you waiting for, big, beautiful, Carrolltonians? Get out there!
- Firefighters battle paper fire in 100-degree weather
- Theater review: Accompany a father on a journey between religion and culture in Fiddler on the Roof
- Police seek information about July 6 fatality on I-35E in Carrollton
- Photos: Volkswagens compete for "best display of rust" and "best survivor"
- Odd man out: Tales of getting turned down during The Real World audition in Dallas