Thursday, October 18, 2012
What to do for Halloween in McKinney
Witches and ghosts and goblins, oh my!
MCKINNEY With Halloween right around the corner, you'll notice a theme to your weekend entertainment options right here at home.
Pumpkinville (All Weekend): Tucker Hill puts on its fall finery for this two-week long event, running October 17 through Halloween. The event features a pumpkin patch, farm equipment from the Collin County Farm Museum, tractor-pulled hay rides (times vary), pumpkin decorating, games, picnicking, a toddler-sized hay maze, and more. Free admission to activities; pumpkin sale benefits McKinney Christian Academy. 7270 W. University Drive, 214-544-7550. Mon.-Sat.,9:30 a.m.-5:30 p.m.; Sun., 1:30-5 p.m.
Rocky Horror Picture Show (Friday): Make plans this Halloween to attend this cult classic movie. Bring all the props and join in the fun! Last year sold out so get your tickets early. Order a prop kit with your ticket purchase. Prop kits includes rice, toast, watergun, newspaper, flashlight ... everything you need to really participate at the McKinney Performing Arts Center. 111 N. Tennessee, 9-11 p.m. Friday. Get tickets ($9 gen. admission) and prop kits ($10)
After Ghoul Special (Saturday): The McKinney Community Band honors McKinney's Serenity High during their "After Ghoul Special" free concert featuring bewitching music befitting the Halloween season. The concert is free, but tickets are needed as seating will fill up quickly for this special night at the McKinney Community Band. Guest conductors, fun music, and even some audience participation and special effects will make it a night of spooky fun at the McKinney Performing Arts Center! 7:30 p.m.
Halloween at the Heard (Saturday): Experience Collin County's premier family-friendly Halloween event! Kids will trick-or-treat on the Dinosaurs Live! life-sized animatronic exhibit trail, enjoy a movie in the amphitheater, stroll through the "Haunted Forest," have the opportunity to participate in a costume contest (for kids ages 12 & under), and more! 972-562-5566
Art exhibits on the Square:
- Garret Gallery: Ken Toki
- Imaging on the Square: Local artists
- Laura Moore Fine Art: William Renzulli
- Orisons Art & Framing: Artists from CityArtCal
Entertainment this weekend:
- Cadillac Pizza Pub: Open Mic Night (Thur.); Christian Brooks Band (Fri.); Broken Code (Sat.)
- Delaney's Irish Pub: Live Music (Fri.); Six of the Matter Band (Sat.)
- Hank's: Rose Hill (Thur); Cody Johnson (Fri.); White & Spears (Sat.)
- Grand/Rick's: Nickle & Dime (Thur.); buzz Andrews (Fri.); Kathy Prather & The Band (Sat.)
- Grotto: Get Buzzed (Thur.); Worlds Apart (Fri.); Prophets & Outlaws (Sat.)
- Jack's Pub: Karaoke (Wed.); Live music (Fri.-Sat.)
- Landon Winery: Dueling Mikes (Fri. at 9 p.m.).
- Lone Star Wine Cellars: Crystal Yates (Fri.); Elizabeth Riley (Sat.)
- Spoons Cafe: Open Mic (Thur.); Live Music (Fri.-Sat.)
Pegasus News Content partner - Town Square Buzz