Friday, October 19, 2012
Dickey’s Barbecue celebrates 71st anniversary with free food, giveaways, and Mr. Dickey’s Cookbook signing
Mr. Dickey wants to party, and he's bringing the grub.
DALLAS This week marks the 71st anniversary of Dickey’s Barbecue and Roland Dickey, Sr. wants to celebrate. In his first book signing event, the chairman of the world’s largest barbecue franchise is throwing a party to celebrate the release of his first book, Mr. Dickey’s Cookbook. The party starts at 6 p.m. on Friday, Oct. 19, at the Barnes & Noble on Northwest Highway across from NorthPark Center and will include free barbecue sandwiches, prize giveaways.
“It’s astounding how much growth I’ve seen in this company,” said Roland Dickey, author and chairman of Dickey’s Barbecue Restaurants, Inc. “My father started Dickeys as a beer joint with a little barbecue and now we’re a truly recognizable brand. My cookbook provides a little history on our roots in Dallas that have now grown across the country.”
The cookbook showcases more than 100 recipes and entertaining anecdotes, including many Dickey family recipes, personal photographs, along with photography of the dishes that showcases the restaurant’s poplar recipes.
Pegasus News Content partner - North Dallas Gazette
- New growler shop in East Dallas begins filling Lone Star suds today
- Purple Cow’s only remaining D-FW restaurant is now closed
- Photos: Beer sales have made SMU's Moody Coliseum way, way more fun
- Restaurant review: At True Food Kitchen, healthy food can actually taste good
- Tom Thumb in Highland Park Village is closing