Friday, October 19, 2012
Dirk Nowitzki out for six weeks after knee surgery
He'd been sitting out for several games with knee swelling.
DALLAS After Dallas Mavericks player Dirk Nowitzki had been suffering swelling to his right knee for more than a week, he underwent arthroscopic surgery and will get back in the game in six weeks, according to a statement from the Dallas Mavericks.
Nowitzki missed three preseason games while his knee was swollen.
He has only played in one preseason game so far -- in Berlin in early October when he scored 8 points.
Posted by Sarah
- Video: Dirk honored in NBA Finals commercial
- Dogged pursuit of fun leads pet owners to Deep Ellum's Bark Park
- Theater review: DSM's glittering production of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert never "drags"
- Four Corners Brewery hosts Texas barbecue royalty on May 25
- Did you know Mary Suhm was a high school beauty queen in Beaumont? 10 things about her: