Friday, October 19, 2012
Photos: From Santa Claus to fiery blaze, Big Tex is a Dallas icon
Did you know he started as Santa Claus?
FAIR PARK On Friday, Big Tex caught fire and burned through his clothes, leaving just a wire frame. Even just an hour after the fire, State Fair of Texas representatives said they are sure that Big Tex will return. The 60-year-old icon will certainly missed.
Here are photos from Big Tex's beginnings -- when he was actually Santa Claus -- through Friday's fire.
Posted by Sarah
- UPDATED: Austin's Houndstooth Coffee heads to
- Joule Hotel expansion brings cocktails, fashion, food to downtown Dallas
- Omni Hotel in Dallas becomes drive-in movie theater for one night
- Not-so-polite play Profanity premieres September 10 at Undermain Theatre
- Photos: Oh yes, Dallas has its own Naked Cowboy