Friday, October 19, 2012
Photos: From Santa Claus to fiery blaze, Big Tex is a Dallas icon
Did you know he started as Santa Claus?
FAIR PARK On Friday, Big Tex caught fire and burned through his clothes, leaving just a wire frame. Even just an hour after the fire, State Fair of Texas representatives said they are sure that Big Tex will return. The 60-year-old icon will certainly missed.
Here are photos from Big Tex's beginnings -- when he was actually Santa Claus -- through Friday's fire.
Posted by Sarah
- Dallas Symphony Orchestra maestro is selling Ritz home for $2.9 million
- Comedy review: Hilarious men of Whose Live Anyway? heckle Dallas with raunchy improv
- Wing Bucket to open in Downtown Dallas, with PB&J wings on menu
- Video: Dirk honored in NBA Finals commercial
- Dogged pursuit of fun leads pet owners to Deep Ellum's Bark Park