Friday, October 19, 2012
Photos: From Santa Claus to fiery blaze, Big Tex is a Dallas icon
Did you know he started as Santa Claus?
FAIR PARK On Friday, Big Tex caught fire and burned through his clothes, leaving just a wire frame. Even just an hour after the fire, State Fair of Texas representatives said they are sure that Big Tex will return. The 60-year-old icon will certainly missed.
Here are photos from Big Tex's beginnings -- when he was actually Santa Claus -- through Friday's fire.
Posted by Sarah
- Theater review: We Will Rock You will blow your mind, and your speakers
- OMG: Adam Lambert and Queen will rock Dallas, together, in July
- Theater review: The [Expletive] with the Hat is masterful and funny, wise and appalling
- Review: Queen musical We Will Rock You has just the right camp and swagger
- Concert review: Crowds go crazy for diamond-in-the-flesh Lorde in Dallas