Monday, October 22, 2012
Photos: Get a Glimpse of some of Dallas’ coolest art
Friday night was a colorful evening in the Arts District.
DALLAS Arts patrons got a glimpse of illuminated art on Friday during GLIMPSE, a special exhibition teasing to next year's Aurora13. Aurora is a free public art installation in the Dallas Arts District that puts art in unexpected places. GLIMPSE was a small-scale version of Aurora, with neons, giant jellyfish, and a band playing music while attendees strolled the Arts District.
Here are some highlights:
- The year in mess-ups: Blooper reel from The Dallas Morning News' video room
- Concert review: Meyerson transformed into Bourbon Street with Preservation Hall Band's Christmas show
- Theater review: Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer at the Majestic is just plain phenomenal
- Theater review: Controversial and raunchy, The Most Fabulous Story Ever Told tries to find God
- Sir Elton John rockets to Dallas in March 2014