Monday, October 22, 2012
Photos: Get a Glimpse of some of Dallas’ coolest art
Friday night was a colorful evening in the Arts District.
DALLAS Arts patrons got a glimpse of illuminated art on Friday during GLIMPSE, a special exhibition teasing to next year's Aurora13. Aurora is a free public art installation in the Dallas Arts District that puts art in unexpected places. GLIMPSE was a small-scale version of Aurora, with neons, giant jellyfish, and a band playing music while attendees strolled the Arts District.
Here are some highlights:
- First look: Read Contemporary shows obscure work by emerging Aboriginal artists
- Photos: Design District's artsy new vino retailer, The Wine Poste, opened grandly on Saturday
- Paleo-inspired restaurant HG Sply Co. opens May 21 on Lower Greenville
- Dallas Symphony Orchestra maestro is selling Ritz home for $2.9 million
- Comedy review: Hilarious men of Whose Live Anyway? heckle Dallas with raunchy improv