Wednesday, October 24, 2012
Oyster bar called The Establishment to open near Knox in Dallas
From the owners of Cedars Social.
DALLAS Big news from Brian Williams and Michael Martensen, co-owners of The Cedars Social: They’re planning to open a neighborhood oyster bar in Knox-Henderson, called The Establishment, to set up shop in December at 4513 Travis Street.
From the press release: “The Establishment will be a bar-centric take on the classic oyster bar. In addition to the ambitious beverage program, a market-driven menu featuring the highest quality ingredients from local purveyors, will offer an ever-changing selection of small plates, house-made charcuterie and a 9" oyster bar with daily selections of more than 15 different types of East and West Coast oysters, is planned for this new neighborhood canteen.”
To celebrate the new place, Williams and Martensen are hosting an Oyster Fest from 2-6 p.m. Sunday (October 28) in the parking lot next to their soon-to-be new restaurant. The release says $1 oysters, $5 Palm Beer, $5 Aylesbury Duck Vodka Oyster Shooters, and $10 Etoile Sparkling Wine will be served.
- Mysterious restaurant called Remedy to open on Greenville Avenue
- New growler shop in East Dallas begins filling Lone Star suds today
- OMG: Adam Lambert and Queen will rock Dallas, together, in July
- Theater review: The [Expletive] with the Hat is masterful and funny, wise and appalling
- Sarah Jaffe added to stacked Homegrown Fest lineup