Thursday, October 25, 2012
Wicked Po’boys opens second NOLA-inspired restaurant
The concept will likely be a hit in Preston Center.
DALLAS Fans of great Cajun food, rejoice: Wicked Po'boys is opening a second location, in Preston Center in Dallas. The first location is in Richardson at Campbell and 75 (near Pegasus News' former headquarters and a regular lunch spot for many of us). The crawfish etouffee and fried crawfish po'boy is sinful and delicious.
The new Wicked Po'boys will be located near the brand-new Hopdoddy Burger Bar at Northwest Highway and Preston in Dallas. Wicked Po'boys opens in January 2013.
The French Quarter-inspired restaurant is owned by husband and wife Chi and Joey Le. Chi is a dentist who took some time off to open the Richardson location, which was wildly successful from Day One. Chi used to live in New Orleans, and when she relocated to Dallas, she said there weren't any "hole-in-the-wall" po'boy shops that had authentic New Orleans food.
Their story is sweet: "After we put our children to bed, we pulled out the pots and pans and got to work on our recipes," Chi said in a press release. "We spent many tireless months perfecting them."
Here's the menu:
Wicked Po'boys menuWicked Poboy's Menu
- Photos: Sarah Jessica Parker shows off fancy footwear Sunday in Dallas
- Purple Cow’s only remaining D-FW restaurant is now closed
- Photos: Beer sales have made SMU's Moody Coliseum way, way more fun
- Restaurant review: At True Food Kitchen, healthy food can actually taste good
- President of American Airlines bought giant Strait Lane home in Dallas -- all 20,000 feet of it