Friday, October 26, 2012
Love vintage? Get to Grapevine this weekend
Dress head-to-toe in vintage fashion for free admission.
GRAPEVINE The Dallas Vintage Clothing & Jewelry Show will return to the Grapevine Convention Center on October 26 and 27. Rolling off an inaugural success in March – where more than 1,000 patrons from around the world browsed high-quality, expertly curated items – the event will proceed every March and October. For this weekend's event, organizers will waive the $8 admission fee for enthusiasts dressed “head-to-toe” in vintage clothing.
“Vintage is a way of life,” said Melissa Sands of Vintage Promotions LLC. “It’s not about being in costume. It’s about bringing the best elements of the past into our modern lives.”
With nearly 30 vendors – many from the Dallas area, but some from around the country – the show has jam-packed with Convention Center’s main ballroom, which promoter Eric Miller said is overflowing into the surrounding hallways. And, since giving back never goes out of style, guests are encouraged to bring gently worn clothing, shoes, and accessories for men and women to donate to the AIDS Interfaith Network (AIN).
- Theater review: Bloody Bloody Andrew Jackson will make you love leather pants
- Theater review: Runway Theatre plays Talking Pictures as a sincere drama with a dash of comedy
- Grapevine shop hosts royal baby watch party
- UPDATED: Grapevine Craft Brewery will open in April 2014
- Dessert review: Forget swimsuit season and indulge in Milwaukee Joe's Gourmet Ice Cream