Friday, October 26, 2012
Video: The Adolphus in Dallas rumored to be haunted
The concierge couldn't explain why the TV was blaring and the sink was running in an empty room.
DALLAS Is the Adolphus Hotel haunted? Some guests report they've seen ghosts in their rooms in the middle of the night or heard music playing in a nearby room.
"I've seen some pretty spooked people," said concierge Drake Odgers, who has worked at the hotel for 22 years.
In the old ballroom in the hotel, legend has it that a bride who was left at the altar hung herself from the staircase on the 19th floor. Some hotel guests say they've seen the bride, who is often carrying her shoes, but no one has been able to talk with her.
When the Dallas Morning News visited the hotel, the kitchen sink was turned in an empty room where no one was staying, and the television was blaring. Odgers stayed in the room twice last year and "never heard a thing."
Spooky stuff. Here's the whole story:
- Joule Hotel expansion brings cocktails, fashion, food to downtown Dallas
- Omni Hotel in Dallas becomes drive-in movie theater for one night
- Not-so-polite play Profanity premieres September 10 at Undermain Theatre
- Photos: Oh yes, Dallas has its own Naked Cowboy
- Get a behind-the-scenes look at video game development at Gearbox Community Day