Sunday, October 28, 2012
Photos: Flaming Big Tex was popular costume at crazy Cedar Springs Halloween block party
Check our gallery to see if we took your picture.
DALLAS The Halloween block party on Cedar Springs on Saturday was wild -- and we knew it would be. It's been Dallas' best dress-up affair for years, bringing thousands to the city's popular gay district for costume contests and heavy drinking. (Hence, the drinking game.)
This year's costume runway featured a few Big Tex's -- some on fire, some not -- plus other standouts like a life-sized, working lava lamp and Mitt Romney holding a binder full of women.
The street party featured plenty of clever costumed adults. See our favorites below:
Photos by Christian Randolph
- Video: Dirk honored in NBA Finals commercial
- Dogged pursuit of fun leads pet owners to Deep Ellum's Bark Park
- Theater review: DSM's glittering production of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert never "drags"
- Four Corners Brewery hosts Texas barbecue royalty on May 25
- Did you know Mary Suhm was a high school beauty queen in Beaumont? 10 things about her: