Sunday, October 28, 2012
Photos: Flaming Big Tex was popular costume at crazy Cedar Springs Halloween block party
Check our gallery to see if we took your picture.
DALLAS The Halloween block party on Cedar Springs on Saturday was wild -- and we knew it would be. It's been Dallas' best dress-up affair for years, bringing thousands to the city's popular gay district for costume contests and heavy drinking. (Hence, the drinking game.)
This year's costume runway featured a few Big Tex's -- some on fire, some not -- plus other standouts like a life-sized, working lava lamp and Mitt Romney holding a binder full of women.
The street party featured plenty of clever costumed adults. See our favorites below:
Photos by Christian Randolph
- UPDATED: Austin's Houndstooth Coffee heads to
- Joule Hotel expansion brings cocktails, fashion, food to downtown Dallas
- Omni Hotel in Dallas becomes drive-in movie theater for one night
- Photos: Ever seen a bedroom closet with a coffee bar and refrigerator?
- Not-so-polite play Profanity premieres September 10 at Undermain Theatre