Sunday, October 28, 2012
Photos: Flaming Big Tex was popular costume at crazy Cedar Springs Halloween block party
Check our gallery to see if we took your picture.
DALLAS The Halloween block party on Cedar Springs on Saturday was wild -- and we knew it would be. It's been Dallas' best dress-up affair for years, bringing thousands to the city's popular gay district for costume contests and heavy drinking. (Hence, the drinking game.)
This year's costume runway featured a few Big Tex's -- some on fire, some not -- plus other standouts like a life-sized, working lava lamp and Mitt Romney holding a binder full of women.
The street party featured plenty of clever costumed adults. See our favorites below:
Photos by Christian Randolph
- With Dallas Farmers Market not under city control, what happens to Pecan Lodge?
- Venue review: Three Links in Deep Ellum slings craft beer and rockin' atmosphere
- Design District's PakPao Thai Food opens June 21
- First look: Artisan shop Weekend Coffee opens Wednesday inside Joule Hotel
- Naan Sushi in Uptown Dallas closed