Monday, October 29, 2012
Controversial Delonte West let go from Dallas Mavericks
Eddy Curry will replace him.
The move Monday created a roster spot for centre Eddy Curry, who was picked up last week and could end up starting in the opener against the Los Angeles Lakers because of an injury to Chris Kaman.
West, who has bipolar disorder, indicated in a series of tweets after the second suspension that his future in Dallas was in doubt. He was a valuable role player for the Mavericks last year and figured to play a similar role this year before a pair of locker room incidents during the preseason.
Dallas grabbed Curry last week after he was released by San Antonio.
- Joule Hotel expansion brings cocktails, fashion, food to downtown Dallas
- Omni Hotel in Dallas becomes drive-in movie theater for one night
- Not-so-polite play Profanity premieres September 10 at Undermain Theatre
- Photos: Oh yes, Dallas has its own Naked Cowboy
- Get a behind-the-scenes look at video game development at Gearbox Community Day