Monday, October 29, 2012
Handsome Guy Bandit gets 35 years
He robbed 11 banks in DFW.
RICHARDSON A judge has sentenced to 35 years in federal prison a man who admitted to being the "Handsome Guy Bandit" responsible for 11 North Texas bank holdups.
Steven Ray Milam pleaded guilty in Dallas last May to 11 federal counts of bank robbery. U.S. District Judge Sam Lindsay sentenced the 45-year-old Richardson man on Monday.
The "Handsome Guy Bandit" got his name from tellers at the banks he robbed, who described the mask he wore. Milam was arrested January 3 in Mississippi after a chase on Interstate 10 in which a sheriff shot out a tire on the vehicle Milam was driving.
Prosecutors had said Milam could have received from 32 years to life in prison.
See more stories in:
- Restaurant review: Homemade tortillas are the star at Taqueria La Candelaria
- Coffee-monger The Pearl Cup opens third location in Richardson
- 60 beers at the Spring Craft Beer Festival: Which ones should you sample?
- Richardson’s Wildflower fest announces nostalgic lineup including Gretchen Wilson and Toadies
- Concert review: Asleep at the Wheel follows new documentary with stellar concert