Monday, October 29, 2012
Handsome Guy Bandit gets 35 years
He robbed 11 banks in DFW.
RICHARDSON A judge has sentenced to 35 years in federal prison a man who admitted to being the "Handsome Guy Bandit" responsible for 11 North Texas bank holdups.
Steven Ray Milam pleaded guilty in Dallas last May to 11 federal counts of bank robbery. U.S. District Judge Sam Lindsay sentenced the 45-year-old Richardson man on Monday.
The "Handsome Guy Bandit" got his name from tellers at the banks he robbed, who described the mask he wore. Milam was arrested January 3 in Mississippi after a chase on Interstate 10 in which a sheriff shot out a tire on the vehicle Milam was driving.
Prosecutors had said Milam could have received from 32 years to life in prison.
See more stories in:
- Cheap Trick, Kool and the Gang and Joan Jett to headline Wildflower fest in Richardson
- Theater review: Moon Over Buffalo in Richardson is a two-hour laugh fest
- New barbecue joint coming to Richardson, says Chili's founder
- Concert review: Willie Nelson keeps rolling, with Asleep at the Wheel joining him
- Love Justin Timberlake? You'll like Friday night at Alamo Drafthouse