Monday, October 29, 2012
Handsome Guy Bandit gets 35 years
He robbed 11 banks in DFW.
RICHARDSON A judge has sentenced to 35 years in federal prison a man who admitted to being the "Handsome Guy Bandit" responsible for 11 North Texas bank holdups.
Steven Ray Milam pleaded guilty in Dallas last May to 11 federal counts of bank robbery. U.S. District Judge Sam Lindsay sentenced the 45-year-old Richardson man on Monday.
The "Handsome Guy Bandit" got his name from tellers at the banks he robbed, who described the mask he wore. Milam was arrested January 3 in Mississippi after a chase on Interstate 10 in which a sheriff shot out a tire on the vehicle Milam was driving.
Prosecutors had said Milam could have received from 32 years to life in prison.
See more stories in:
- Photos: Animal House moviegoers pull out paddles during Alamo Drafthouse showing
- Theater review: Spring-Heeled Jack vs. The Enigmatic Dr. Hu provides lackluster take on cult classic
- Theater review: Richardson Theatre Center presents well-performed Witness for the Prosecution
- Photos: Peep the Alamo Drafthouse menu, plus see pics of the interior
- First look: Shiny new Alamo Drafthouse in Richardson hosts premiere of The World's End