Tuesday, October 30, 2012
Halloween costumes for Jerry Jones, Josh Hamilton, and other sports celebs
When a banana costume just won't do.
We decided to have a little fun with our sports celebrities in DFW. If we got to pick their Halloween costumes, what (or who) would they dress up as?
Cowboys owner Jerry Jones: The Invisible Man, because everyone wants him to disappear from GM duties.
Dallas Cowboys head coach Jason Garrett: a grandfather clock, so he can learn time management.
Texas coach Mack Brown: a quarterback, because otherwise, the Longhorns don't have one.
Rangers' second baseman Ian Kinsler: Tony Romo, because he always seems to be getting picked off.
New SMU basketball coach Larry Brown: a "What the heck am I doing here" T-shirt.
Rangers outfielder Josh Hamilton: travel agent, because he's going to need a ticket out of town.
Cowboys' Tony Romo: Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, because one minute, he's an evil monster, and the other minute, a perfectly nice guy.
Dallas Cowboys defensive coordinator Rob Ryan: Matt Damon, because like in Good Will Hunting, it's not his fault.
Dallas Cowboys fans: Chicago Bears fans. So they might actually be able to cheer loudly at Cowboys Stadium.
The entire Dallas Stars team: prisoners -- locked out of their own sport.
Dallas Mavericks' Jason Kidd: a taxi cab driver -- something he should have sought before that DWI arrest.
- Mysterious restaurant called Remedy to open on Greenville Avenue
- Theater review: We Will Rock You will blow your mind, and your speakers
- OMG: Adam Lambert and Queen will rock Dallas, together, in July
- Theater review: The [Expletive] with the Hat is masterful and funny, wise and appalling
- Review: Queen musical We Will Rock You has just the right camp and swagger