Tuesday, October 30, 2012 , Updated 12:00 p.m., November 1, 2012
UPDATED: New Lombardi restaurant in One Arts Plaza opens November 9
The chef is David Garwacki, who is from Texas but recently worked in California.
DALLAS Café des Artistes, the new restaurant from Alberto Lombardi coming soon to One Arts Plaza, has an executive chef: Texas native David Garwacki, most recently of Bacara Resort and Spa in Santa Barbara, Calif.
According to a press release that went out this week, Garawacki “is developing a Cali-Euro menu with seasonal market fresh ingredients along with culinary touches from the United States mixed with flavors from France, Italy and across the Mediterranean.”
The press release also contained an as-yet unreported detail: Café des Artistes will open
November 6 November 9.
During his tenure at Bacara, the release says, Garwacki served as the executive chef of the resort’s Bistro Restaurant and later its Miro Restaurant.
“Chef David Garwacki will be a stellar addition to the Lombardi Family Concepts newest restaurant, Café des Artistes. I am confident Chef David’s creative talent, combined with his invaluable culinary experience will make Café des Artistes a premier dining choice for all of Dallas,” said Lombardi in the press release.
- Remember the Bud Light Hotel in Dallas at Super Bowl? It's back for Final Four
- Neil Young returns to the Meyerson in April
- Mysterious restaurant called Remedy to open on Greenville Avenue
- Theater review: We Will Rock You will blow your mind, and your speakers
- OMG: Adam Lambert and Queen will rock Dallas, together, in July