Wednesday, October 31, 2012
Chicken enchiladas made in McKinney recalled for containing plastic
Though the food was made in McKinney, it was not sold in Texas.
MCKINNEY The U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Food Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS) announced Tuesday that Food Source LP, which is located at 2200 Red Bud Boulevard in McKinney, recalled approximately 11,400 pounds of frozen chicken enchilada products that may contain fragments of plastic.
According to foodconsumer.org, the products are the 57-ounce Bremer Party Size chicken enchiladas. The products were packaged on August 31, 2012 and shipped to retail stores in New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and West Virginia. They carry a best-by date of September 30, 2013.
No injuries have been reported yet. If you are concerned, call Richard Riccardi at 972-548-9001.
Pegasus News Content partner - Town Square Buzz
- Mellow Mushroom is bringing its hippie vibe to downtown McKinney
- Collin County Shelter is full and needs your help rescuing dogs
- McKinney police arrest alleged child predator
- McKinney's Old Red Lumber Yard doubles as antique haven once a month
- Blue Goose's newest McKinney location resounding success