Wednesday, October 31, 2012
Rockwall teen found stabbed to death in mobile home
The girl has been identified as Surie Baeza.
ROCKWALL A Rockwall-Heath female freshman student was found dead inside a Rockwall home last night, and authorities are investigating the girl’s death as a homicide.
The 15-year-old girl, now identified as Surie Baeza, was found by Rockwall Police officers at about 7:15 p.m. in a mobile home in Lake Rockwall Estates at the 300-block of Lynne Drive.
Upon arrival, officers found the girl unresponsive in a back bedroom with stab wounds to her torso, according to police.
“The initial investigation revealed the victim was deceased and had sustained a suspicious injury,” said Officer Aaron McGrew. “The scene is being treated as a possible homicide. The body was transported to the Dallas County Medical Examiner’s office for an autopsy.”
The autopsy is expected to be performed today.
No other information has been revealed, but Rockwall Police said more details will be forthcoming.
Pegasus News Content partner - TheRockwallNews.com
- Fundraiser for fallen West, Texas firefighter's family slated for June 15 in Rockwall
- Voice contestant Amber Carrington will sing in Rockwall Thursday night
- Crews unfurled 40-foot flag atop a crane overlooking Rockwall Harbor for Memorial Day
- Female inmate in Rockwall jail hanged herself
- George P. Bush calls for change in Texas education system