Tuesday, September 11, 2012
GrapeFest kicks off Thursday through Sunday
With temps in the mid-80s, it should be a great weekend to be outside.
GRAPEVINE It’s time for Grapefest again! This week marks the 26th annual Grapefest wine festival in Grapevine. We’ve been looking forward to this for months. It’s always such a fun time and such a great event for the city.
Doors open on Thursday at 10 a.m. From then until Friday at 5 p.m., admission is free. After that, tickets are $8 for adults and $5 for seniors and children. You can get a weekend pass for $18 or a souvenir pin weekend pass for $23.
Some of the events we always look forward to:
- People’s Choice Wine Tasting Classic
- Live music
- Arts and crafts vendors and shopping
There are also some other events we’ve yet to take advantage of. Maybe this will be the year?
- Vintner’s Auction Classic
- Texas Wine Tribute
The weather should be fantastic, with highs in the mid-80s. However, we’ve been at Grapefest before in pouring rain, so even in less-than-perfect weather, there is always a great showing.
We’ll be tweeting while we are there and look for a post (or two or three) with details of what we have been up to. Wine, food, music, and shopping, not necessarily in that order! I have my eye on the furniture made of wine barrels. Last year we picked up a wine rack and this year I’d love to come home with one of their chairs or an end table.
Pegasus News Content partner - Grapevine Blog
- Theater review: Bloody Bloody Andrew Jackson will make you love leather pants
- Celebrate Shark Week in real life, in Grapevine
- Theater review: Runway Theatre plays Talking Pictures as a sincere drama with a dash of comedy
- Grapevine shop hosts royal baby watch party
- UPDATED: Grapevine Craft Brewery will open in April 2014