Wednesday, September 12, 2012
East Hampton Sandwich Co. breaks shore in Snider Plaza
The new sandwich shop advocates local and feels beachfront.
HIGHLAND PARK Brown bagging takes on a whole new meaning with the arrival of East Hampton Sandwich Co. in Snider Plaza.
At this new fast-casual concept from Hunter Pond, expect more than stale bread and toppings scooped from a can. Here, you’ll get handcrafted sandwiches with proteins and sauces made right in house. Highlights include a roast beef and spinach sandwich, along with vegetarian options such as asparagus and gruyere.
You’ll feel right at home here, where the design is based on a traditional beach home. “I wanted to create a fast-casual restaurant where I could serve elevated sandwiches using the finest ingredients in a stylish, comfortable atmosphere,” Pond shares. And you can expect fresh. Chefs will brine hormone- and nitrate-free meats for 24 hours before hand carving to order. Bread is baked daily just down the street at Empire Baking Co., and it’s topped off with local veggies.
Still nervous to pass up the PBJ? Give the goat cheese and avocado sandwich a shot. It’s equally comforting, and just slightly more grown-up. Did I mention there’s beer and wine?
Pegasus News Content partner - Try Something Different in Dallas
- UPDATED: Austin's Houndstooth Coffee heads to
- Photos: Ever seen a bedroom closet with a coffee bar and refrigerator?
- UPDATED: Burger place Becks Prime opens third Dallas restaurant
- Recipe: Komali's ceviche de pescado takes the cooking out of ... cooking
- Q-and-A: The Grape's Danyele McPherson flips leftovers into staff's main course