Wednesday, September 12, 2012
East Hampton Sandwich Co. breaks shore in Snider Plaza
The new sandwich shop advocates local and feels beachfront.
HIGHLAND PARK Brown bagging takes on a whole new meaning with the arrival of East Hampton Sandwich Co. in Snider Plaza.
At this new fast-casual concept from Hunter Pond, expect more than stale bread and toppings scooped from a can. Here, you’ll get handcrafted sandwiches with proteins and sauces made right in house. Highlights include a roast beef and spinach sandwich, along with vegetarian options such as asparagus and gruyere.
You’ll feel right at home here, where the design is based on a traditional beach home. “I wanted to create a fast-casual restaurant where I could serve elevated sandwiches using the finest ingredients in a stylish, comfortable atmosphere,” Pond shares. And you can expect fresh. Chefs will brine hormone- and nitrate-free meats for 24 hours before hand carving to order. Bread is baked daily just down the street at Empire Baking Co., and it’s topped off with local veggies.
Still nervous to pass up the PBJ? Give the goat cheese and avocado sandwich a shot. It’s equally comforting, and just slightly more grown-up. Did I mention there’s beer and wine?
Pegasus News Content partner - Try Something Different in Dallas
- Paleo-inspired restaurant HG Sply Co. opens May 21 on Lower Greenville
- "Young and funky" wanted for television series filmed at Dallas' Good Records
- Brangelina release limited quantity of original rosé wine at Sigel's on Greenville
- Photos: Lumen Hotel adds swank artwork by Dallas-based artists
- Tech-savvy: 4 of the coolest gadgets in the Bush Presidential Center