Friday, September 14, 2012
Photos: Max’s Wine Dive in Uptown Dallas is open
On the first night, the place was slammed.
DALLAS The young and trendy crowd is likely to enjoy the brand-new Max's Wine Dive in Uptown, a Texas bar/restaurant that already has locations in Austin, San Antonio, and Houston.
The 150-bottle wine list includes glasses of the lauded Dom Perignon, which the restaurant suggests is served with fried chicken. "Why the hell not?" is their slogan. Indeed.
Mr. Dallas says of the first night, "The opening went about as swimmingly as a first night could. It was jammed early on, but Max’s was staffed to the max with chirpy, briskly moving servers clad in black T-shirts bearing a pugnacious, slightly profane challenge about fried chicken and Champagne. (It does indeed serve Dom Perignon by the glass.)"
The executive chef is Patrick Russell, formerly sous chef at Craft -- the high-end restaurant in the W Hotel that recently closed to become the more casual eatery Cook Hall.
- Looking for dinner and a game of bocce? Try Samar by Stephan Pyles
- Dallas Beer Kitchen promises "rare, hard to find" brews on Lowest Greenville
- Transit Bicycle Co. relocates to Lower Greenville
- Creepy rendering of Big Tex shows he's almost ready for the State Fair
- Photos: Dallas Heritage Village Charleston'd its way through history on Saturday