Tuesday, September 18, 2012 , Updated 5:21 p.m., September 19, 2012
UPDATED: Flower Mound town manager may be ousted
The Town Council will meet again Saturday to discuss.
FLOWER MOUND The Flower Mound Town Council held a special closed meeting Monday night to get an update from legal council regarding terminating the employment contract of Town Manager Harlan Jefferson, according to a source familiar with the matter.
No action was taken at the meeting.
Jefferson was named town manager in April 2006 and served as Flower Mound's deputy town manager and CFO prior to that. There are approximately three years left on Jefferson's current employment contract.
An email circulating around town from former Mayor Melissa Northern in support of Jefferson speculated that he was targeted for dismissal by town council.
UPDATE: The Flower Mound Town Council will meet Saturday afternoon to discuss and possibly act on terminating the employment contract of Town Manager Harlan Jefferson and naming an interim replacement.
The meeting will be held at town hall at 3 p.m. After the closed portion of the meeting, board members will hold an open meeting and take action on the two items if necessary.
Pegasus News Content partner - The Cross Timbers Gazette
The Cross Timbers Gazette is a locally owned and operated newspaper established in 1979, serving the southern Denton County towns of Argyle, Bartonville, Copper Canyon, Double Oak, Flower Mound, Highland Village, Lantana and Robson Ranch.
- Flower Mound will hold open forum for town council and school board candidates on April 20
- Former CEO of SEGA opens new arcade-style restaurant Bar Fun Dining
- Marcus High School student dies from flu, staph infection
- Flower Mound couple turns home into Santa's Village for neighboring children to attend
- Video: 51 Maltese dogs abandoned from puppy mill in Flower Mound released to rescue groups