Wednesday, September 19, 2012
Small fire at UNT caused classes to be canceled until Wednesday night
No one was hurt.
DENTON An electrical fire caused a power outage in Wooten Hall on UNT's campus at 7 a.m. Wednesday morning, forcing the building to be closed and all classes canceled until 6 p.m., facilities technician Ralph Harpool said.
Facility crews were performing routine maintenance and replacing a meter early Wednesday morning when a fuse caught fire and triggered the outage. No one was injured, and crews from Denton Municipal Electric and UNT worked to replace the burnt fuse, zone maintenance supervisor Ron Davis said.
UPDATE: The power was turned back on in Wooten at 3:05 p.m. Evening classes will continue as scheduled.
Pegasus News Content partner - North Texas Daily
- Undead apply here: Electric Zombie Run seeks racers and zombies
- Theater review: The Color Purple at Denton Community Theatre lacks depth and direction
- Sky's the limit: Denton planetarium caters to young audiences this summer
- Bowling For Soup records music video at Denton's Rockin' Rodeo
- Meet Dog Days of Denton's 2014 spokesdog