Friday, September 21, 2012
Three new bars you should know about in Uptown
It's time to drink in this corner of Dallas.
DALLAS The corner of Routh and Cedar Springs in Uptown Dallas is about to get even busier. In addition to the bars and restaurants already luring drinkers near the Katy Trail, three new ones are popping up.
1. The newly-opened bar Kung Fu Saloon -- a bar/arcade that replaced the Place at Perry's -- has entertained packed crowds in the last few days. Kung Fu Saloon specializes in pickle juice shots, shuffleboard, and vintage video games. Photos below.
3. Concrete Cowboy will replace the fledgling Penguin piano bar and is slated to open Labor Day weekend. It's going to have a party bar atmosphere with cowboy motifs. We'll tell you more about it when it opens.
It's worth mentioning that Katy Trail Ice House, just behind 6th Street and not a new place, has certainly added to the allure of the Cedar Springs and Routh intersection. Boasting a huge, laidback patio and pretty customers, Katy Trail regularly has lines of cars just waiting to get in.
In short: It's time to drink in this corner of Uptown.
Check out the interior of Kung Fu Saloon, now open and taking your tokens:
- Grab brunch with fierce ladies at drag event Sunday at DISH
- Looking for dinner and a game of bocce? Try Samar by Stephan Pyles
- Dallas Beer Kitchen promises "rare, hard to find" brews on Lowest Greenville
- Transit Bicycle Co. relocates to Lower Greenville
- Creepy rendering of Big Tex shows he's almost ready for the State Fair