Monday, September 24, 2012
Photos: What’s your Addison Oktoberfest tradition?
We caught groups of regulars toasting to another cheerful Oktoberfest.
ADDISON At Addison Oktoberfest this year, we decided to do something new: Capture the faces of the regulars who attend the beer-centric family festival every year. An amazing number of people are repeat festivalgoers, even 4-year-old Alex Han, the lederhosen-clad kid who's attended Oktoberfest every year since he was an infant.
Friends Kavish Singh, Jasmine Masand, Chirag Patel, Naina Wasan, and Rishi Wason made it a tradition to buy funny hats at Oktoberfest for the past three years. This year, they donned chicken hats.
Little kiddos Evelyn Power, 6; Eleanor Power, 3; Landon Zapata, 8; and Reid Power, 4, performed in the "Kindertent" for other children their age, while Alpine Dancers Taylor Schill, Craig Schill, Jimmy Zapata, and Nicole Gray have performed at the event for 24 years. The event is celebrating its 25th anniversary this year.
German transplant Eddie Wilson joined in on the fun, telling us, "If this were in Germany, everyone in this room would be friends."
Cheers to that.
What's your Oktoberfest tradition?
- Restaurant review: Homemade tortillas are the star at Taqueria La Candelaria
- Nia Vardalos of My Big Fat Greek Wedding talks parenting in Dallas
- Theater review: Locally written Sons of Bennett is an ambitious, but flawed, effort
- Will the Andersons put their $1.5 million estate on the market after a high-profile split?
- No game: Dallas has the second lowest amount of sex in the U.S.