Monday, September 24, 2012
Photos: What’s your Addison Oktoberfest tradition?
We caught groups of regulars toasting to another cheerful Oktoberfest.
ADDISON At Addison Oktoberfest this year, we decided to do something new: Capture the faces of the regulars who attend the beer-centric family festival every year. An amazing number of people are repeat festivalgoers, even 4-year-old Alex Han, the lederhosen-clad kid who's attended Oktoberfest every year since he was an infant.
Friends Kavish Singh, Jasmine Masand, Chirag Patel, Naina Wasan, and Rishi Wason made it a tradition to buy funny hats at Oktoberfest for the past three years. This year, they donned chicken hats.
Little kiddos Evelyn Power, 6; Eleanor Power, 3; Landon Zapata, 8; and Reid Power, 4, performed in the "Kindertent" for other children their age, while Alpine Dancers Taylor Schill, Craig Schill, Jimmy Zapata, and Nicole Gray have performed at the event for 24 years. The event is celebrating its 25th anniversary this year.
German transplant Eddie Wilson joined in on the fun, telling us, "If this were in Germany, everyone in this room would be friends."
Cheers to that.
What's your Oktoberfest tradition?
- Watch the Academy Awards in style in Dallas
- Cheesy Italian restaurant springs up near the Galleria
- Photos: $900,000 beauty near Tony Romo's house up for grabs
- Review: For a fun night of theatre, Tom Sawyer is a must-see
- Theater review: Isaac’s Eye examines mortality through the perspective of a genius