Monday, September 24, 2012
Photos: The many faces of Paula Deen as she visited Dallas for MetroCooking event
She received a pair of boots from the publisher of the DMN.
DALLAS Paula Deen was in Dallas over the weekend, y'all, and she's just as animated in person as she is in TV.
Deen received a pair of cowboy boots from Dallas Morning News publisher and CEO Jim Moroney. She also brought her puppy Lulu, who "drew oohs and ahhs" as she made her entrance onstage, according to Joy Tipping of the DMN.
Deen, now 32 pounds slimmer, cooked "granny’s chicken and dumplings" at the event. She told the crowd she kept pulling at her pants because she's lost so much weight.
Here are a few fun moments from Deen's time in Big D:
Posted by Sarah
- Remember the Bud Light Hotel in Dallas at Super Bowl? It's back for Final Four
- Neil Young returns to the Meyerson in April
- Theater review: We Will Rock You will blow your mind, and your speakers
- OMG: Adam Lambert and Queen will rock Dallas, together, in July
- Theater review: The [Expletive] with the Hat is masterful and funny, wise and appalling