Tuesday, September 25, 2012
Best BBQ in the country? Texas dominates, according to CNN
Meshack's in Garland made the list.
Getting into the NFL season spirit, CNN's Eatocracy has published a list of favorite barbecue joints that are good for tailgating. Considering they're talking about both football and barbecue, it should come as little surprise that Texas spots are heavily represented.
While the list is in no particular order, four out of the six dining spots listed are in Texas. Those four are Black's Barbecue in Lockhart, Franklin Barbecue in Austin, Snows BBQ in Lexington, and Meshack's Bar-B-Que in Garland.
Non-Texas locations were Philips Barbecue in Inglewood, California, and Hill Country Barbecue in New York City and Washington, D.C.
See more stories in:
- Theater review: Great Gatsby in Garland suffers from major technical flaws
- The Column's nominations for best actors and theater performances are in
- Theater review: Garland Civic Theatre's Chicago is sensually electric
- Theater review: Garland Civic Theatre's Go Back for Murder falters
- UPDATED: Broadway performer Rachel York will co-host Column Awards Gala