Tuesday, September 25, 2012 , Updated 9:14 a.m., September 26, 2012
UPDATED: Dallas stud Sean Lowe will be next star of The Bachelor
He was a loser on The Bachelorette, back looking for love.
ABC says the next star of The Bachelor will be Sean Lowe, who was dumped on The Bachelorette.
The network says the 28-year-old Dallas businessman will be the one doing the choosing when The Bachelor returns for its 17th edition.
On the eighth edition of The Bachelorette, Lowe confessed his love for Emily Maynard but was eliminated just before the finale.
ABC says Lowe is ready to look for love again and confident he will find his soul mate. The 6-foot-3 Texan was a linebacker for Kansas State and worked in finance and insurance before starting a custom furniture business.
"The Bachelor" is hosted by Chris Harrison and returns in January.
UPDATE: The 24 women who will be on The Bachelor have been chosen. See their photos here (with biographical information "coming soon"). Here's a quick history of Lowe:
- 3 Texas studs aspire to win Desiree's heart on the next season of The Bachelorette
- UPDATED: Dallas Sean Lowe won't be on Dancing with the Stars after all
- The Bachelor's Sean Lowe to make guest appearance at Sfuzzi Valentine's Day dinner
- Shirtless Sean Lowe explains what he’s looking for on The Bachelor
- 10 reasons why Dallas ruled the small screen in 2012