Wednesday, September 26, 2012
Irving mayor sued for allegedly calling activist a “whore”
The mayor calls the suit a distraction.
IRVING Anthony Bond is an Irving community activist and has filed a lawsuit against Irving’s Mayor Beth Van Duyne for defamation of character.
Last week, Mayor Duyne called Bond a “whore” after Bond made allegations against Tommy Gonzalez, city manager. Bond claimed that he received tickets for the city manager for sporting and other events at the American Airline Center, and left the tickets on Gonzalez’s doorstep. During a local news interview Van Dunye was quoted as calling Bond a “whore” for his behavior.
Bond has now filed a defamation suit against Van Duyne and claims she tarnished his character and image among his family, friends, and others. The lawsuit does not seek monetary compensation, he does however want Van Duyne to refrain from making such inappropriate comments.
Van Duyne plans to get a personal attorney to represent her in the case of what she referred to as a “distraction.”
Pegasus News Content partner - North Dallas Gazette
- Theater review: Local playwright's Secrets of My Prison House astounds with absurdity
- Flying nerds to battle at national flugtag competition in Las Colinas
- Restaurant review: FM Smokehouse's lean meat fails to impress
- Theater review: All the Rage in Irving is almost all the rage
- Theater review: MainStage Irving puts on a reverberating Bells are Ringing