Wednesday, September 26, 2012
Irving mayor sued for allegedly calling activist a “whore”
The mayor calls the suit a distraction.
IRVING Anthony Bond is an Irving community activist and has filed a lawsuit against Irving’s Mayor Beth Van Duyne for defamation of character.
Last week, Mayor Duyne called Bond a “whore” after Bond made allegations against Tommy Gonzalez, city manager. Bond claimed that he received tickets for the city manager for sporting and other events at the American Airline Center, and left the tickets on Gonzalez’s doorstep. During a local news interview Van Dunye was quoted as calling Bond a “whore” for his behavior.
Bond has now filed a defamation suit against Van Duyne and claims she tarnished his character and image among his family, friends, and others. The lawsuit does not seek monetary compensation, he does however want Van Duyne to refrain from making such inappropriate comments.
Van Duyne plans to get a personal attorney to represent her in the case of what she referred to as a “distraction.”
Pegasus News Content partner - North Dallas Gazette
- With a star-studded lineup, Dallas Comic Con may not be just for geeks
- Theater review: Fools fails to impress despite the quality of actors and designers
- Photos: Browse the wild and weird costumes at Irving's 2013 Sci-Fi Expo
- Theater review: Life struggles culminate between two policemen in A Steady Rain
- Orfeh will be special co-host at 14th annual Column Awards Gala